2021 School of Economics Undergraduate Welcome
New students are invited to join staff and students at the School of Economics Undergraduate Welcome. You will meet our Head of School, Professor Garry Barrett and hear from key academics about study information and opportunities at the School of Economics. You will also have the chance to meet your fellow first year students and peers who will be studying with you in the coming years.
The online event will cover:
- Overview of Economics degree and major information by our Deputy Head of School (Teaching), Associate Professor Stephen Whelan
- Introduction to our unique pre-Honours stream and the Honours program from our Honours co-ordinator, Professor John Romalis
- Support programs for students including maths support and mentoring
- Opportunities to get involved with student societies for Economics students
- An open Q&A session to answer any questions you have
At the conclusion of the Welcome, we will also run an informal social session for you to meet other first year students. Each group will be led by a senior economics student who can share their experience of studying economics. It is also an opportunity to ask them any questions you may have about starting university. Please note, you must register your interest on the form to join the session.
Please note: this event is only open to students studying Economics. If you have not received an email invitation, please contact the event organiser to request access to the registration.
Leave a Reply